A rebate of up to $100 can be used to cover the cost of the thermostat or the expense of installing it. You may choose to have your rebate amount credited to your utility account or mailed to you in the form of a check.
Note: Please bring your old thermostat to the Office of Utility Billing for proper disposal (old thermostats may contain mercury)
Requirements for the Programmable Thermostat Rebate
- Customer must be the home/rental property owner and be in good credit standing with the City of Charlottesville.
- Customer must use natural gas for home heating.
- Purchase and install the thermostat between April 1, 2001 and June 30, 2023.
- Provide us with a receipt for the thermostat and/or installation along with the completed rebate form..
- Only one thermostat rebate per property address. Please check with Utility Billing to see if the rebate has already been redeemed for your address.
- New construction (residential development projects, e.g. subdivisions) installations do not qualify.
- This rebate can be used to cover the cost of the thermostat and/or the installation cost up to $100.
Note: Rebates are available for residential and commercial properties. Rebate programs are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Funding and guidelines for these programs may be changed or discontinued at any time without notice.
Apply for this Rebate
- Mail programmable thermostat rebate form to:
City of Charlottesville
Office of Utility Billing
P.O. Box 591
Charlottesville, VA 22902
- Call 434-970-3812 and ask us to send a copy of the rebate form to you
- Pick up a form at the Utility Billing counter in City Hall