Procurement & Risk Management
A division of the City’s Finance Department providing services in the areas of Procurement, Risk Management and Warehouse Operations.
Be advised that some of the content available on the associated web pages under Procurement and Risk Management may not be posted in an accessible format for screen readers due to the length, complexity and technical nature; however, accommodations will be made upon request by calling 434-970-3860 or submitting an email request to the Procurement and Risk Management Division.
Central Procurement is responsible for the administration of policies and procedures for the procurement of commodities, services, construction and professional services for the various customers and City departments.
- Centralized and Decentralized Procurement Operation
- Procurement Training Program
- Supplier Diversity Programs
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
- Minority Business Program
- Vendor Registration
Risk Management directs strategic planning, provides operational control and establishes rules, policies and procedures to accomplish risk management goals related to employee and workplace safety, loss control, claims, insurance and self-insurance program objectives.
- Claims Administration for General Liability, Property, Volunteer, etc.
- Insurance Program
- Programs to Mitigate the City’s Risk of Financial Loss
- Risk Management Training
Warehouse Operations manages the City’s Warehouse location. The Warehouse Operations is responsible for administration and operational control of the warehousing operations and disposition of surplus property.
- Central Inventory Management
- Central Shipping and Receiving
- SAP and Inventory Management Support for Decentralized Locations
- Short-term Storage
- Surplus Property Management