- Departments L-V
- Procurement & Risk Management
- Vendor Registration
Thank you for your interest in doing business with the City of Charlottesville. The ability to deliver quality services to our citizens is ultimately the result of a partnership between the City and the Vendor Community which provides the goods and services needed to support City Operations.
Important notice - please read before you register!
The City of Charlottesville has SAP software that includes online vendor registration and maintenance. It allows you, at no cost, to:
- Register as a vendor with the City of Charlottesville
- Select commodity codes that describe the goods and/or services your company provides.
- Maintain your company’s information if there are changes in your company such as:
- Commodity codes
- Contact information
- Customer Service Representative
- Increase your opportunity to do business with the City of Charlottesville as the software provides City departments better access to vendor information
Downtown Mall Vendor Registration
If you would like to register to become a Downtown Mall Vendor, please contact Neighborhood Development Services at 434-970-3182.
- Step 1: Registration
- Step 2: Vendor Accounting
- Step 3: Review Terms & Conditions
- Step 4: Review License & Permit Requirements
- Visit the Registration Page to begin your registration or to access your account.
- Make sure you read the step-by-step directions on the registration page carefully. If you experience difficulty with the registration process or accessing the registration site and you have followed the instructions, please:
- Send an email to Procurement & Risk Management
- Describe the issue(s) and provide contact information so a representative may contact you.
Electronic Invoicing & Payment Requirements
An email address has been established for the City’s Accounts Payable Department to receive electronic invoicing. A vendor may email the Accounts Payable Department with questions, invoices, statements, etc. This email account will be monitored daily by the Accounts Payable Department.
Vendors who do business with the City of Charlottesville are required to complete a Federal Form W-9, Request for Taxpayers Identification Number. The City is required by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to collect this information to meet IRS filing regulations. Vendors receiving $600 or more in payments in a calendar year will receive a Form 1099 Misc, Miscellaneous Income Form. Vendors submitting invoices to the City must have a current Federal From W-9 on file with the Department of Finance.
Once you have completed and submitted your registration; you will be given the option to attach your company’s W-9 form.
- Commissioner of Revenue website for Business Licenses
It shall be unlawful for any person to engage in any business, employment or profession within the City for which a license issuance fee or license tax is imposed by this chapter, without first obtaining a city business license and paying the required fee or tax.Charlottesville City Code Section14-3, (a).
- Neighborhood Development website for Permits
- Department of Professional and Occupational Regulations
Current procurement opportunities can be found on the Bids & Proposals page .
Charlottesville City Schools issues their own solicitations through their Finance office.