NEW - All Business Sectors Phase Two
Governor Northam announced Phase Two guidelines for all Business Sectors. Read about the Governor’s Safer at Home: Phase Two (PDF) for more information.
FedEx #SupportSmall Grants
FedEx is giving $1 Million to small businesses. Click on the link to apply for the FedEx #SupportSmall Grants.
Businesses Reopening - Phase One
Governor Northam announced Phase One guidelines for the reopening of businesses. Read about the Governor’s Overview of Forward Virginia Phase One (PDF) for more information.
For all business sectors, read about the Detailed Business Sector Guidelines (PDF), Forward Virginia One, along with these additional informational links:
- Ideas for business and leaders from Reopen Main Street
- Virginia Tourism Corporation has released a Road to Recovery video and a COVID-19 Toolkit
- The American Hotel and Lodging Association launched its "Stay Safe" program, for enhanced cleaning and safety standards across the industry
- The National Restaurant Association published a Restaurant Reopening Guide to help the restaurant industry to reopen safely
- The National Retail Federation has compiled a Checklist (PDF) that represents guidance from their members and subject matter experts, and is intended to highlight key topics to consider as retailers seek to re-open operations
Questions should be directed to this address that is serving as a hotline: email@example.com
Links to Assistance for Businesses During COVID-19
- Small Business Owners Guide to CARES Act (PDF) - Assistance for business owners with whatever needs they have right now.
- VA 30 Day Fund is rolling out Forgivable Loans for Virginia Small Businesses.
- US SBA COVID-19 business assistance. The Commonwealth of Virginia is now officially listed and classified as an "eligible" area. We encourage City of Charlottesville businesses interested in submitting an application for financing the SBA’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Disaster Assistance Program to begin completing the application. The number assigned to the State of Virginia for the emergency declaration is VA-00087. General guidance on the SBA Disaster Loan process (PDF)
- For information on unemployment and other business needs, visit the Virginia Employment Commission. The Governor has waived the on-week waiting period so that workers can start receiving benefits right away.
- Updates from Virginia Department of Health (including some info for business).
- SheaMoisture launched a $1 Million Fund to support entrepreneurs of color. Applications opened 4/8 and has a quick turnaround.
- Spanx Red Backpack fund is a $5 million fund targeting women entrepreneurs.
- Verizon has donated $2.5 million to the national nonprofit Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC). LISC is targeting grants up to $10,000, to entrepreneurs of color and women-owned businesses.
- Hello Alice is offering $10,000 grants to help small business owners.
- Microsoft is providing six months of Office 365 tools for free to enable remote collaboration, file sharing and video conferencing.
- Tory Burch Foundation has a useful list of resources (for both finding and advice) for small businesses.
- VA 30 Day Fund is rolling out Forgivable Loans for Virginia Small Businesses
- SBA Payroll Protection Program provides a forgivable loan for up to 8 weeks of payroll for retained employees.
- The VA Small Business Development Center (SBDC) has published new information on financial assistance for small businesses and how to apply for a Federal Disaster loan.
- SBA Disaster Assistance Loan
- Facebook announces $100 million program for small business impacted by COVID-19. Facebook Social Network
- Charlottesville restaurants and stores currently "open" for business: CVILLESHOPS
For the most up-to-date information, be sure to follow us on social media or sign up for updates.
The Office of Economic Development is the catalyst for public and private initiatives that create employment opportunities and a vibrant and sustainable economy.
Charlottesville Voted the Best Place to Live in America, Best Place to Retire, Best Green City, Best Digital City, Best Place to Start a Small Business, the Healthiest City and the list continues!