Become a Foster Parent
Community Attention Foster Families (CAFF) is actively searching for a diverse pool of families in and around the city of Charlottesville, Albemarle County, and surrounding communities with a specific need for families and individuals willing to foster older youth and teens. If you have considered opening your heart and home to a child or adolescent in need, please contact us to discuss this exciting and rewarding opportunity. Come learn more about our program and the process of becoming a foster/adoptive parent with CAFF by attending one of our information sessions. You must attend an information session before participating in the foster parent training.
Our Information Sessions are held at least once a month via Zoom from 6:00-7:00PM. Upcoming information session dates:
- June 15th
- July 7th
- August 23rd
Your first step to becoming a foster parent is to complete an Inquiry Form to register for one of the Information Sessions; If you would like to attend the information session for a specific month, but the date doesn't work, call or email and we will do our best to accommodate you. Please feel free to call our office at 434-970-3735 or request more information by email at email@example.com.
If a family consists of more than one care provider, both individuals must be be in attendance for foster parent information sessions and foster parent training sessions.
Information sessions and foster parent training sessions are occurring virtually, through Zoom. Some of the foster parent training meetings within a session may be in person, TBD.
Foster Parent Training Sessions
Foster Parent Trainings Sessions are held on Monday evenings beginning at 6PM via zoom. A few of the six sessions may be in person (TBD).
Upcoming Foster Parent Training dates:
- July 11, 2022- August 15, 2022
- October 3, 2022- November 14, 2022
- January 23, 2022- March 6, 2023
- April 17,2023 - May 22, 2023
Supports and Resources for CAFF families
- Families have access to staff 24 hours a day for their support.
- Each family is assigned an individual family services specialist to assist in coordinating services for the child in their home.
- All children in the program are given access to professional counseling services.
- Foster parents work closely with the treatment team, as a respected professional.
- All treatment decisions and relevant background information are shared openly between the program and the parents.
- Foster parents earn monthly tax-free stipends.
Inquiry Form for Potential Foster Parents
If you would like to become a foster parent with CAFF, submit an online inquiry form.