Become a Foster Parent
Community Attention Foster Families (CAFF) is actively searching for a diverse pool of families in and around the city of Charlottesville, Albemarle County, and surrounding communities with a specific need for families and individuals willing to foster older youth and teens. If you have considered opening your heart and home to a child or adolescent in need, please contact us to discuss this exciting and rewarding opportunity. Come learn more about our program and the process of becoming a foster/adoptive parent with CAFF by attending one of our information sessions. You must attend an information session and create a profile on the Faster Families Highway Profile via CAFF before participating in the foster parent training.
Our Information Sessions are held every second Wednesday of the month via Zoom from 6:15-7:15PM. Upcoming information session dates:
- October 11, 2023 06:15 PM
- November 8, 2023 06:15 PM
- December 13, 2023 06:15 PM
If you would like to attend the information session for a specific month, but the date doesn't work, call or email and we will do our best to accommodate you. Please feel free to call our office at 434-970-3735 or request more information by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a family consists of more than one care provider, both individuals must be be in attendance for foster parent information sessions and foster parent training sessions.
Information sessions and foster parent training sessions are occurring virtually, through Zoom. Some of the foster parent training meetings within a session may be in person, TBD.
Foster Parent Training Sessions
Foster Parent Trainings Sessions are held on Monday or Tuesday evenings beginning at 6:15PM via zoom. The final meeting of each session is held in person.
Upcoming Foster Parent Training dates:
- October 2, 2023- November 6, 2023 (Mondays)
- January 22, 2024- February 26, 2024 (Mondays)
- April 15, 2024 - May 20, 2024 (Mondays)
- July 9, 2024 - August 13, 2024 (Tuesdays)
Supports and Resources for CAFF families
- Families have access to staff 24 hours a day for their support.
- Each family is assigned an individual family services specialist to assist in coordinating services for the child in their home.
- All children in the program are given access to appropriate mental and physical health care providers
- Foster parents are respected professionals whom work in collaboration with the treatment team
- All treatment decisions and relevant background information are shared openly with the professional team , biological and foster parents
- Foster parents earn monthly tax-free stipends to support the children they are caring for.
Potential Foster Parents (Recap First Steps)
(click on underlined links)
If you would like to become a foster parent with CAFF, please REGISTER (Click Here) for an information session and create a profile on the Faster Families Highway Profile via CAFF . If you need assistance or have other questions please call (434) 970-3735.
Thank you for your willingness to serve your community by opening your hearts and homes to children and families experiencing foster care.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!