Community Attention Youth Internship
CAYIP Announcement: Summer Session 2022 and COVID Mitigation
We are pleased to announce the Summer Session of CAYIP will be in person!
The deadline to apply has been extended to May 8, 2022. Youth can complete the CAYIP 2022 Application online.
In an effort to keep participants, staff, and community members safe all program participants and staff are expected to follow the City of Charlottesville policies regarding COVID mitigation. If a youth refuses to comply with these expectations, they may be excused from the program. Please be advised that these mitigation strategies may include but are not limited to masking, proof of vaccination and/or COVID testing.
Some CAYIP partners may have additional mitigation practices and policies. If your child is matched and accepts placement at a site, the expectation is that your child would follow the mitigation practices and policies outlined by that site.
- To teach workplace readiness skills.
- To assist youth in career exploration.
- To help youth identify their strengths and build resiliency.
- To connect youth to positive adults and to resources in the community.
- All interns will participate in CAYIP Academy will be June 21 - June 24, 2022 to learn workplace readiness skills, communication and conflict management skills, banking and budgeting skills and much more!
- All participants will be assigned a CAYIP counselor who meets with the youth a minimum of once a week.
- Youth are expected to work up to twenty hours a week for the six week session. This session, youth will have the opportunity to earn a performance-based stipend up to $10 per hour (not to exceed $1,200 per session).
- Youth will work with staff to complete a resume at the end of the session.
Application and Acceptance Process:
- The program is open to City of Charlottesville youth between the ages of 14-21.
- Youth will be able to apply now until Friday, April 29, 2022 at 5pm.
- Youth will need to complete a CAYIP Application which includes the Application Questionnaire, Agreement to Participate form, and the Parent/Guardian and Youth Expectation form. The link will automatically send you to the next form once you hit submit.
- Youth and families are able to request a paper version of the form be mailed to them through the CAYIP Inquiries.
- This session of CAYIP will also have a smaller number of interns in the cohort than previous years.
- We will continue to monitor the situation for health and safety and respond as necessary.
CAYIP Timeline: Summer Session 2022
- March 23, 2022 - April 29, 2022 5pm: Application submission window.
- April 18, 2022- May 18, 2022: Applicant interviews (These will take place through virtual platforms such a Zoom and WebEx. When necessary, accommodations will be made that are in compliance with health and safety guidelines).
- May 30, 2022 - June 3, 2022: Youth notified of acceptance
- June 21, 2022 - June 24, 2022: CAYIP Academy held in-person.
- The session will run from June 21, 2022- July 31, 2022.
- CAYIP Graduation will be July 29, 2022.
Interested in Learning More?
- Check out our CAYIP Video.
- Follow us @CAYIPCville on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. for updates, supervisor spotlights and more!
Interested in being a Site Partner?
- Click on our Prospective Site Partner Formto begin the process.