Community Attention Youth Internship
CAYIP Winter 2020 Announcement:
The health and safety of our program participants, partners, and community as a whole is top priority. With this in mind, we will continue to offer an online platform for the fall session of the Community Attention Youth Internship Program: The CAYIP Virtual Learning Academy. The application window has been extended to November 23rd at 5pm.
- To teach workplace readiness skills.
- To assist youth in career exploration.
- To help youth identify their strengths and build resiliency.
- To connect youth to positive adults and to resources in the community.
- The Virtual Learning Academy will be held in a Google Classroom Platform.
- All participants will be assigned a CAYIP counselor who meets with the youth through a virtual platform a minimum of once a week.
- Youth will have online modules and two virtual classroom meetings a week. Youth have the opportunity to earn a performance-based stipend up to $100 per week (not to exceed $500 per session).
- Youth will explore topics such as effective communication strategies and active listening skills, conflict resolution, banking and budgeting, interview skills and strategies, career exploration.
- Youth will work with staff to complete a resume and final project at the end of the session.
- Virtual classroom meetings will offer course content and guest speakers from the community.
Application and Acceptance Process:
- The program is open to residents of the City of Charlottesville between the ages of 14-21.
- Youth will be able to apply now until November 16, 2020 at 5pm.
- Youth will need to complete a CAYIP Application.
- Youth and families are able to request a paper version of the form be mailed to them through the CAYIP Inquiries.
- This session of CAYIP will also have a smaller number of interns in the cohort than previous years.
- We will continue to monitor the situation for health and safety and respond as necessary.
CAYIP Virtual Academy Timelines:
- November 5, 2020 - November 23, 2020 5pm: Application submission
- November 16, 2020- November 25, 2020: Applicant interviews (These will take place through virtual platforms such a Zoom and WebEx. When necessary, accommodations will be made that are in compliance with health and safety guidelines).
- December 7, 2020- January 17, 2021: The Virtual Learning Academy held in Google Classroom Platform.
- There will be no programming held December 21, 2020- December 27, 2020.
Interested in Learning More?
Check out our CAYIP Video.