FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 9, 2020
Charlottesville Parks & Recreation has updated its list of facility reopenings that were announced last week as Virginia moved into Phase 2.
Charlottesville Parks & Recreation has updated its list of facility reopenings that were announced last week as Virginia moved into Phase 2. This list will continue to be updated as more facilities/amenities are reopened.
Facilities/Amenities Now Open
- All Tennis Courts – Open play only, no reservations.
- Parking Lots at McIntire Park, Pen Park, Tonsler Park and Washington Park
- Athletic Fields – Instructional reservations only, no competition.
- Sugar Hollow Reservoir
Facilities/Amenities In Process of Being Reopened (no later than June 15, unless noted)
- Charlottesville Skate Park – Opens Wednesday, June 10.
- Meadowcreek Golf Course – Opens Saturday, June 13. Tee times will be available for reservation starting on Friday, June 12.
- All Playgrounds on City or School property
- Picnic Shelters
Facilities/Amenities REMAINING CLOSED
As conditions change during Phase 2, the City will continue to explore the possibilities of re-opening additional park facilities and amenities that align with the required safety precautions. The following remain CLOSED:
- All Indoor Recreation Centers and Pools
- All Outdoor Basketball Courts (NOTE: This is due to the Governor’s limitations on recreational sports and the requirement of 10 feet of physical separation between participants)
- Park Restrooms
- Downtown Administration Office
- Swimming Pools
- Spray Grounds
- City Market To-Go will continue to operate in the pre-order and drive-thru model but the pick-up location has changed from Pen Park to Darden Towe Park.
Director, Parks & Recreation
City of Charlottesville