- Payment Methods
- Residency Status & Discounts
- Registration Cut-Off
- Registration Confirmation
- Waiting-List Procedure
- Late Registration
- Cancellation Policy
- Program Refunds
Full payment for programs and services must be made at the time of registration. The City accepts cash, checks or credit cards (Visa/Mastercard/Discover) for all registration payments. Please note which form of payment is acceptable for the method of registration you choose. Checks must be made payable to the City of Charlottesville.
Residency Status & Discounts
Charlottesville Parks & Recreation provides discounts for a variety of its recreational activities and programs to residents of the City of Charlottesville. Charlottesville Parks & Recreation routinely checks accounts for the verification of residency in the City of Charlottesville.
Charlottesville Parks & Recreation offers scholarships to City residents only. Scholarship discounts range from 25% to 90% on a sliding scale based upon your gross annual income. Discounts are available for most, but not all Charlottesville Parks & Recreation programs and services. For more information or to obtain an application, please call (434) 970-3260.
Registration for classes, programs, and camps will be available to customers on the advertised date. Registration for all programs (unless specified) shall cut off when the program begins.
- Adaptive Programs - 72 hours before the class begins
- Adaptive Trips - As determined by the Adaptive Recreation Supervisor
- Leagues/Tournaments - As determined by the Athletics Supervisor
- Summer Day Camps - 144 hours before the camp begins
- Swim Team - As determined by the Aquatics Program Supervisor
After processing your registration, Charlottesville Parks & Recreation will email or mail you a receipt to confirm your enrollment. If you do not receive a receipt, please call (434) 970-3260.
Waiting lists are a source of contact and do not guarantee class placement. Customers will be notified of availability as cancellations and/or additional classes are made available. There is no charge to be added to the waitlist. Payment will only be due if enrolled in the class.
Late registration will be accepted before the second class begins. After the second class of the program, no registrations will be accepted. Waitlist customers who enroll in the class will have the fees pro-rated. Non-waitlist customers who enroll late will be required to pay the total fee.
A customer may request to cancel a class at any time. Refunds for cancellations vary depending on when the request is made per the program refund policy.
Lack of Enrollment
If the program has zero participants registered by five calendar days before the first class, Charlottesville Parks & Recreation will cancel the program. If the program has some participants enrolled but has not met the minimum, the class will be canceled three calendar days before the first class.
Regular Programs & Camps
If the registered program is cancelled by Parks & Recreation, a refund for the FULL amount will issued via the customer’s choice of refund options.
If an individual chooses to cancel their enrollment in a program or camp, the following shall apply (unless otherwise noted below):
- If the cancellation is requested fifteen (15) calendar days or more before the first class date, a refund for the full amount will be issued via the customer’s choice of refund options.
- If the cancellation is requested fourteen (14) calendar days or fewer before the first class date, a 75% refund of the registration fee will be issued via the customer’s choice of refund options.
- No refunds will be issued after the class begins.
Leagues / Tournaments
No refunds will be issued after the team assignments have been posted.
The City of Charlottesville does not refund cash.
- Check Refund - If the customer paid by cash or check and would like a check issued from the City Finance Department, a check will be issued within three weeks.
- Credit Card Refund - If the customer paid by credit card, he/she can have the refund applied to the credit card that was used during the registration. Credits may take three to five business days to appear on the customer’s statements after processing.