Form Center

By signing in or creating an account, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.

Commissioner of Revenue: Disposal of Personal Property

  1. If you have sold, traded, junked or otherwise disposed of an item currently on the City's personal property tax rolls, you can notify our office using this form. You must report and disposal or transfer of ownership of automobiles, trucks, motorcycles, trailers, motor homes or mobile homes to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) 804-497-7100, within 30 days of the disposal. If the disposal is reported to DMV more than 30 days after the actual disposal, the City will use the reporting date as the disposal date for tax purposes.
  2. Some types of items are bulled for taxes based on January 1st status and will not affect tax billing until the following year. These items include boats, boat motors, and mobile homes. If the item is a boat, report to the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (DGIF) by calling 804-367-1000 or on their website.
  3. Are you the owner of the item you are reporting?
  4. Type of Property
  5. Type of Disposal
  6. Leave This Blank:

  7. This field is not part of the form submission.