Form Center

By signing in or creating an account, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.

Disposal of Personal Property

  1. Personal Property Disposal

    If you have sold, traded, junked or otherwise disposed of an item currently on the City's personal property tax rolls, you can notify our office using this form. You must report the disposal or transfer of ownership of automobiles, trucks, motorcycles, trailers, motor homes and mobile homes to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) 804-497-7100, within 30 days of the disposal. If the disposal is reported to DMV more than 30 days after the actual disposal, the City will use the reporting date as the disposal date for tax purposes.

  2. Are you the owner of the item you are reporting? *

  3. Type of Property

  4. Type of Disposal

  5. Did you report the disposal to DMV within 30 days?*

  6. If you did not report the disposal to DMV within 30 days you will need to provide supporting documentation in order for us to use the original disposition date such as a bill of sale, total loss statement, junk receipt, or buyers order which you may upload here.

  7. Leave This Blank:

  8. This field is not part of the form submission.