What should I do if I lose my permit?

Residential decals, if destroyed or lost, may be re-issued within the same permit year, upon written explanation, satisfactory to the city treasurer, and upon payment of an additional $25 fee. However, please note that guest permits may not be reissued under any circumstances if lost, stolen, or destroyed.

If your residential permit is stolen from your vehicle, or destroyed in an accident, you must complete an affidavit certifying that fact and apply for a replacement permit (cost: $25). The treasurer’s office may request accompanying certification such as a police report or insurance claim.

Show All Answers

1. Why did the city enact the residential zone permit program?
2. Who may obtain residential zone permits?
3. What documentation do I need in order to obtain a zone parking permit?
4. How much do permits cost?
5. How many permits are available for each address?
6. If I move away from a permit address, can I return my permit?
7. Can I purchase a permit to park on a particular street in order to walk to work or class from that street?
8. Can I use a guest permit if all the available residential permits have been purchased for my address?
9. Where does a residential permit allow its holder to park?
10. Where on a vehicle should residential permits be displayed?
11. What is the fine for parking in a residential zone permit area without a permit?
12. What should I do if I lose my permit?
13. What should I do if I need to replace my permit?