Want to get involved in your city? Apply to be on a board or commission!
The City provides a wide variety of Boards and Commissions that encourage members to participate in discussions that affect and shape the future of our City. We believe it is not only the right, but the responsibility of interested and capable citizens to become engaged in local government policy by advising City Council on important community-related issues. Serving on a Board or Commission is an excellent way to make a personal contribution to Charlottesville’s growth and can be a rewarding experience for everyone!
Review current openings on our website and apply online.
The City has immediate openings on the following Boards & Commissions:
- Board of Architectural Review
- CDBG Task Force
- Charlottesville Economic Development Authority
- Charlottesville Redevelopment and Housing Authority
- Community Policy and Management Team
- Housing Advisory Committee
- Monticello Area Community Action Agency Board
- Police Civilian Review Board * DEADLINE is February 12th at 5 p.m.
- Region Ten Community Services Board
- Retirement Commission
- Sister Cities Commission
- Social Services Advisory Board
- Tree Commission
- Vendor Appeals Board
- Youth Council
The DEADLINE to apply for these openings is Friday, March 5, 2021 at 5 p.m.
Visit the Boards and Commissions pages on our website to learn about other opportunities to participate.