Want to get involved in your city? Apply to be on a board or commission!
The City provides a wide variety of Boards and Commissions that encourage members to participate in discussions that affect and shape the future of our City. We believe it is not only the right, but the responsibility of interested and capable citizens to become engaged in local government policy by advising City Council on important community-related issues. Serving on a Board or Commission is an excellent way to make a personal contribution to Charlottesville’s growth and can be a rewarding experience for everyone!
The City has immediate openings on the following Boards & Commissions:
- Board of Architectural Review
- Board of Zoning Appeals
- CDBG Task Force
- Charlottesville Economic Development Authority
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Convention & Visitors Bureau Executive Board
- Community Policy and Management Team
- Historic Resources Committee
- Housing Advisory Committee
- Monticello Area Community Action Agency Board
- Personnel Appeals Board
- Region Ten Community Services Board
- Retirement Commission
- Rivanna River Basin Commission
- Sister Cities Commission
- Social Services Advisory Board
- Towing Advisory Board
- Vendor Appeals Board
The DEADLINE to apply for these openings is Friday, December 11, 2020.
Visit the Boards and Commissions pages on our website to learn about other opportunities to participate.