FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 23, 2020
Cville Plans Together — The deadline for comments is December 2!
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA - The City of Charlottesville would like to remind all residents and other interested individuals about the opportunity to review the draft Affordable Housing Plan and initial draft Comprehensive Plan revisions.
The City is working in partnership with a consultant team on an effort to update the city's Comprehensive Plan (including an Affordable Housing Plan) and then to complete a rewrite of the zoning ordinance. Through early December, the community is encouraged to review the draft Affordable Housing Plan and initial Comprehensive Plan Revisions, which are outlined in virtual meeting “stations” on the Cville Plans Together website.
A short summary of upcoming opportunities follows below. To stay up-to-date on Cville Plans Together, you can also sign up for the project email listserv.
Walk through the Materials Online, or View Recorded Webinars
Visit the Virtual Meeting page (CvillePlansTogether.com/virtual-meeting) to view or download the draft Affordable Housing Plan and draft revisions to the Comprehensive Plan. You can also view recorded webinars on both topics, or view slides from those events.
Submit Comments by Wednesday, December 2, 2020!
Your input is encouraged! There are several options for providing your comments:
- Complete the survey. Five entries will be randomly chosen to receive a $25 pre-paid Visa card
- Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the website comment form
- Mail your comments to Cville Plans Together, Attn: Alex Ikefuna, City of Charlottesville NDS, PO Box 911, Charlottesville, VA 22902
- Call the phone line and leave comments as a voicemail - Toll free: (833) 752-6428
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Cville Plans Together Steering Committee Meeting
All are welcome to join for this meeting, which will be focused on getting Steering Committee feedback related to the draft Affordable Housing Plan.
Virtual Drop-in Session
These events are web-based “office hours” or Q&A sessions, held over Zoom, accessible via computer or phone. You can drop in to ask questions or share your feedback. During these events, the focus is on gathering comments and responding to questions. No information will be formally presented, and registration is not needed. Three events were scheduled, and two have been completed.
- The remaining session will be held November 24, 2020, from 5:30-7pm. (This is a change from the original date of November 23, due to the overlapping Steering Committee meeting on that date.)
- Use this Zoom link – no registration needed, or call 1-888-475-4499 (Toll-free)
Director of Neighborhood Development Services
City of Charlottesville
Director of Communications
City of Charlottesville