FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 18, 2023
CPD Now Accepting Applications for Fall Community Police Academy
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA - The Community Police Academy, which provides experiential training on the daily operations and functions of CPD, will be accepting applications for its fall program.
The Community Police Academy provides experiential training on the daily operations and functions of the Charlottesville Police Department (CPD). Classes are taught by members of CPD, including Chief Michael Kochis, Command Staff, and detectives and officers from specialty units.
Graduates of the program found the academy to be both informative and rewarding.
Below is a list of topics covered in the program:
- Introduction and Overview of the Department / Department’s Strategic Plan / Visions and Values
- General Investigations
- Role of Commonwealth's Attorney Office
- Traffic Unit
- Recruitment and Hiring/Accreditation
- Emergency Communications Center (911)
- Internal Affairs
- Emergency Response Unit
- Firearms/Use of Force
Click HERE to download the Community Police Academy application. Once completed, please submit your application to email@example.com.
* The deadline to apply for the Fall Community Police Academy is October 6th at 12:00 p.m.*
To register and for more information please contact Sgt. Eric Thomas (Community Involvement Coordinator) at (434) 970-3604 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Safety Information Officer
City of Charlottesville