CDBG & HOME Funding Proposal
Request for Proposals (RFP) Notice for 2022-2023 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funding
The City of Charlottesville accepted shovel-ready proposals for 2022 CDBG funding from March 1, 2022 to 4 pm on Match 15, 2022. Projects will support a viable urban community through the provision of decent housing, a suitable living environment, and economic opportunity for low and moderate income citizens. The RFP and related documents can be found on this page. Applicants with outstanding CDBG or HOME regular entitlement funding, and/or concerns with past grant performances will be ineligible for the 2022 CDBG funds.
All FY2022 CDBG funds must be spent between the time period from July 1, 2022 and March 2023. The City is accepting proposals from the following:
- Housing applicants must have shovel-ready proposals: completed Environmental reviews, reviewed and approved plans/designs by the City of Charlottesville (if applicable), approved permits, right of way cleared, procured contractor, and identified eligible recipients of project services (if applicable)
- Public Infrastructure applicants must have shovel-ready proposals: completed Environmental Reviews, completed and approved plans/designs by the City of Charlottesville, approved permits, cleared right of way and procured contractor.
- Economic Development, Public Service, and Housing applicants must meet City Council CDBG Priorities and CDBG/HOME Consolidated Plan Requirements.
Mandatory Technical Assistance Session
The City will require all applicants to schedule and attend a 30-minute mandatory technical assistance session with the Grants Coordinator (only if you have not already attended a session). The meeting must be held prior to proposal submission.
To schedule a technical assistance session or for questions concerning the RFP, contact the City’s Grants Coordinator.
CDBG Request for Proposal Guidelines
- Request for Proposal Guidelines (PDF)
- Additional CDBG-CV3 project eligible activities are available through the HUD Quick Guide to CDBG Eligible Activities to Support Coronavirus and other Infectious Disease Response (PDF).
- Additional CDBG Program information
- Additional HOME Program information