Tankless Water Heater
Charlottesville Gas offers a $200 rebate when you switch from electric, propane or natural gas tank water heater to an energy-saving tankless natural gas water heater.
Note: Charlottesville Gas will continue to honor the $100 rebate when switching from an electric or propane water heater to a natural gas tank water heater. For more information or to request a form, please email Utilities Outreach or call 434-970-3812.
Requirements for the Tankless Water Heater Rebate
- Customer must be the home/rental property owner and be in good credit standing with the City of Charlottesville.
- Customer must be a Charlottesville Gas residential/commercial customer and switch from propane, electric, or natural gas storage-tank water heater. New customers with existing homes are also eligible.
- Customer must purchase and install this qualifying appliance between July 1, 2015, and
September 30, 2022.
- Provide us with a receipt for the tankless water heater and/or installation along with the completed rebate form or submit the request electronically.
- The natural gas tankless water heater must have an energy factor (EF) of 0.80 or greater.
- New construction (residential development projects, e.g., subdivisions) installations do not qualify.
- Only one water heater rebate per property address. Please check with utility billing to see if the rebate has already been redeemed for your address.
- This $200 rebate can be used to cover the cost of the water heater and/or the installation cost.
Note: Rebates are available for residential and commercial properties. Rebate programs are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Funding and guidelines for these programs may be changed or discontinued at any time without notice.
Applying for This Rebate
- You can submit your request electronically.
- Or you can mail the form and required documentation to:
City of Charlottesville
305 4th Street NW
Charlottesville, VA 22903
- If you need a copy of the rebate form mail to you, please contact us at 434-970-3812
- You can also pick up a form at the Utility Billing counter in City Hall.