MissionThe overall mission of Community Attention is to provide residential and community-based services which advocate for the needs of youth and their families, assist the local community in promoting the healthy development of young people and their families and preventing juvenile delinquency and family disintegration.. Our programs serve young people referred by the education, juvenile justice and/or child welfare systems of care.
PhilosophyCommunity Attention is committed to strengths-based, user friendly, cost effective, and quality services. We are active and experienced advocates and counselors for our clients. We expect our clients to take an active role in our programming, accepting responsibility for their actions and issues, past, present, and future; and working with us toward solutions and improvements.
- Community Attention Foster Families (CAFF) - Foster Care Homes
- Runaway & Homeless Youth Program - in development
- Teens GIVE Service-Learning - Youth Volunteer Activities and Character Education
- Community Attention Youth Internship Program - Provides youth with an opportunity to work and be exposed to job settings.
- Community Supervision Program (CSP) - Case management, counseling, assessment, diversion, and supervisory services
- Life Skills Groups - Anger management, job readiness, educational support, and independent living skills
- Thinking for a Change - a group based cognitive behavioral intervention for youth involved in the juvenile justice system
- Adolescent Check-up - family and strengths-based support program for youth and their parents
The purpose of this site is to provide information on our programs, facilitate referrals, recruit staff and volunteers, and to solicit feedback on our services. If you need help in navigating our site or have any questions, please call us at (434) 970-3346 or 3352.