Foster Families Needed
Community Attention, a city division that assists in providing residential and community-based support for youth, has been providing foster care homes since 1971. The need for foster parents remains urgent and we are reaching out to people in our community and asking them to consider opening up their homes to a child in need. Community Attention Foster Family (CAFF) parents are stable adults that have a love for children and believe in the potential of every child. They provide children with support, guidance, structure, supervision, safety, and discipline.
- The children needing families range in age from newborn to 18 years. The majority of the children are survivors of abuse and neglect. Many of them may also have emotional and behavioral issues, school difficulties, and developmental delays. They may also be sibling groups who need to stay together. These children represent a variety of racial and ethnic backgrounds. We currently have a high need for families who are willing to foster teenagers and sibling groups.
- A child’s stay in foster care may be as short as overnight or may be much longer. Each child’s journey is unique, but it is important to understand that the goal of foster care is for that child to be reunified with his or her family.
- For more information you can contact Marnie Allen, a Recruitment Specialist, by calling 970-3735. She can provide more information on the program, the approval process, requirements and invite you to an orientation session.
- Teens GIVE Service-Learning - Youth Volunteer Activities and Character Education
- Community Attention Youth Internship Program - Provides youth with an opportunity to work and be exposed to job settings. (Summer CAYIP information found here)
- Community Supervision Program (CSP) - Case management, counseling, assessment, diversion, and supervisory services
- Life Skills Groups - Anger management, job readiness, educational support, and independent living skills
Mission: The overall mission of Community Attention is to provide residential and community-based services which advocate for the needs of youth and their families, assist the local community in preventing juvenile delinquency and family disintegration, and promote the rehabilitation of youth. Our programs serve at-risk children and/or children in trouble and their families.
Philosophy: Community Attention is committed to user friendly, cost effective, and quality services. We are active and experienced advocates and counselors for our clients. We expect our clients to take an active role in our programming, accepting responsibility for their actions and issues, past, present, and future; and working with us toward solutions and improvements.
The purpose of this site is to provide information on our programs, facilitate referrals, recruit staff and volunteers, and to solicit feedback on our services. If you need help in navigating our site or have any questions, please call us at (434) 970-3346 or 3352.
- Webmail for City Employees -
(enter city\username & PW)